Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) delivers storage for the Internet. It provides a simple web services interface that customers use to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives them access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon itself uses to run its own global network of web sites. We maximize benefits of our scale and pass them on to our customers. By doing this, we’re creating a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their storage needs.
We are looking for a engineering leader to take our distributed storage system to the next level. Leaders in this role will leverage their knowledge of distributed systems, integrate new machine learning concepts, and learn about the business of high scale storage.
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Own clear quantitative reliability goals
· Drive the roadmap for your area
· Collaborate with talented engineers to find solutions to challenging problems
· Develop the careers of your people, actively mentoring them
· Lead our engineers in enhancing the storage control plane