Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and language understanding, or machine learning ? Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Are you entrepreneurial, and do you like solving tough technical problems for customers? Want to help the rest of Amazon leverage the Alexa ML Platform?
The Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Platform team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help build the learning platform behind Alexa's natural voice interactions, Alexa Skills Kit and Alexa Voice Services. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for applying engineering to machine learning problems, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for building great products. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history.
The Senior Technical Program Manager role requires working with product management, development, and speech science teams to understand how our backend infrastructure works, how our customers and stakeholders consume our products and leading cross functional teams from design through delivery, and managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management, software systems architecture, and executive presentation skills are essential.
- Define, drive and execute on ambiguous and bold programs that have a substantive impact on the business
- Partner with product management, engineering and science to help drive the roadmap using key insights from our developer customers
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; - Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Help manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Collaborate effectively with peer teams and key partner services to deliver robust engineering product
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.