Amazon Mexico is seeking an Import Program Operations Manager to provide both tactical and strategic leadership for import and inbound transportation activities. You will be required to support ongoing operations and identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions that lead to improvements in our import process and customs clearance. We are looking for a motivated self-starter that can work independently in operations inside the warehouse in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. Key responsibilities for this individual are to develop and implement import processes, define the strategies and own the day-to-day’s import and inbound transportation execution, as well as manage the performance of external import and transportation carrier partners.
The position is 80% operation and 20% managing carrier relations.
This position is based in Nuevo Laredo/Laredo, Mexico (The warehouse is located in Colombia)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own the Import Operations Process
- Oversee custom brokers day-to-day operations
- Manage transportation to/from fiscal inspection facility, labeling facility, and Fulfillment Center
- Identifies and resolves Tier 1 issues
- Manage Supplier management (e.g. Customs Broker warehouse operations)
- Implement, and manages import flow process
- Ensure processes meet import compliance standards
- Resolve retail vendor shipment discrepancies
- Develop portal to manage inventory visibility and movement
- Develop set of metrics for MEX inbound for a systematical review and action in case of deviation vs the target
- Analyze cost performance for import flow