Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store. We are building the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are hiring a Merchandising leader to develop and lead the merchandising strategy and execution of the Amazon Books in-store experience. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about Amazon, understands retail, is highly inquisitive, and is committed to delivering amazing customer experiences uniquely enabled by Amazon’s rich data and customer insight.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Lead store merchandising strategy and planning
– Partner with business teams to determine overall merchandising strategy for Amazon Books and best use of retail space to position merchandise, delight customers and drive conversion. Test and discover the best in store solutions regarding layout, customer journey, fixtures, visual/copy signage, and demonstration.
· Manage the merchandising project portfolio
– Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and execute store-level merchandising solutions. Continually manage a portfolio of projects to deliver work within the required cadence for strategy review, concept presentation and final walkthrough.
· Oversee merchandising communications for store launches and changeovers
– Maintain ultimate responsibility for communicating merchandising guidance and requirements for each new store launch and for weekly changeovers. Continuously improve and communicate merchandising standards to ensure delivery of a consistent customer experience that best presents our brand.
· Gather and utilize data to drive engagement
– Gain deep understanding of customer needs, competitor merchandising tactics, and industry best practices. Utilize data from .com, forecasting, BI and finance to determine what is working, and what to improve. Develop a framework for merchandising analysis: determine the right KPI, and drive improvement accordingly.
· Develop tools and processes to drive improvement –
Create and help build tools and processes to improve accuracy and scale. Communicate business requirements to product and tech teams to help build merchandising tools that improve the associate and customer experience.
· Oversee use of onsite retail lab
– Manage the onsite lab (showroom replica) to test new solutions, lead leadership walkthroughs, and prepare visuals for store communication.
· Think big and experiment!
– We are still a start up! Figure out how to best use the wealth of data we have about products and customers to highlight compelling products and solutions. Take full advantage of our physical space and trained associates to enhance the shopping experience.
· Mentor and lead the team -
Manage a team of 3 to 4 to deliver all of the above.