Are you interested in joining the team behind Amazon’s newest innovation? Come help us working on world class software for our customers!
The Amazon Kindle Engineering Support team provides tier 3/4 production engineering support and support tool development. You will also be responsible for providing multifaceted services to the Kindle digital product family of development teams and working with production operations teams for product release coordination and software deployment. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success.
Some of the key job functions:
- Provide support and perform troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and production services
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl, Python, Java, shell scripts, and web technologies
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
- System and Support status BI reporting using big data platform
- Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
- Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set