The Senior Site Safety Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our Fulfillment Network to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The Senior Safety Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Senior Site Safety Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company safety policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The Senior Site Safety Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The Senior Site Safety Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Senior Site Safety Manager will be responsible to lead a team of Safety Managers in their region. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their Safety Managers and Safety Associates on their team. They must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
Senior Site Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
- Measure the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Analyze Global Safety Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record keeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Manage and mentor the FC Safety Manager and Safety Associates in your assigned FCs.
- Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts by performing targeted Kaizen events in partnership with the Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force, repetition, and awkward postures).
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
- Partner with corporate and other regional field safety personnel to leverage global safety and environmental best practices into NA network standards.