The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to redefine how customers purchase products for their home. We believe that the objects that we choose to surround ourselves with have a big impact on our quality of life. They not only need to be useful but also need to inspire us, reflect our style and bring joy. Some of these products are also the largest purchases customers make, after their house and car. Therefore we must offer a shopping experience that is both inspiring and intuitive to help customers make confident purchase decisions online.
We are a group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and research scientists determined to use all technology at our disposal – machine learning, big data, image processing and augmented reality to name a few, to create the best online shopping experience for home products. And, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us redefine what shopping for Home Furnishings should look like.
Intuitively we know that shopping for a couch or a coffee table is very different than shopping for, say, a laptop or a box of cereal. We seek visual inspiration, care about how things look together, at times we lack the vocabulary to describe what we want in words but we have a vision of what it should look like, and we take our time to browse options before making a decision. As a Senior Product on the HIT team you will get to:
OUR CULTURE AND YOU
- Create the product vision for building world-class customer experiences that change how customers think about and shop for home products.
- Work with user research to gain insights into customer shopping behavior and use that to inform the product road map.
- Own and build the product road map which includes both short-term experiments and long-term big bets that continuously improve the customer experience.
- Partner with teams across Amazon to share learnings and find new applications for existing solutions.
- Write detailed product requirements and manage communications with senior management, engineering, design, usability and business teams.
We are a tightly knit group that shares our experiences and helps each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.