Interested in building a multifaceted service that leverages multiple AWS products and technology platforms to provide a ground breaking service for Enterprise customers? AWS Managed Services (AMS) was released in December 2016 and gives the world’s largest organizations a turn-key infrastructure operations model for AWS. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative thought leader with a strong background in product innovation and a history of strategic and tactical execution to build exciting new capabilities.
In this position, you will play a pivotal role in defining our direct customer/partner-led commercials, go-to-market strategy, and be tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of AWS. You’ll work with our customers, partners, ISVs, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Creating the business product strategy for AMS with special attention to the unique needs and requirements of Enterprise customers
- Define standardized pricing plans and new monetization features for AMS
- Define partner programs and features that empower our partner eco-system to build up-the-stack capabilities on top of AMS – increasing overall Enterprise adoption of AWS
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Launching the vision, product strategy, and road map for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
- Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
- Work with technical product managers and TPMs as the business stakeholder to enable components of the business strategy which require software development to implement
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Driving sales by enabling BDM and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
- Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
- Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers