Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!Role
This is a Hands-on Technical leader QA role. Candidate will work on building and executing full E2E scenarios along with a small team of QA and SDETs. The qualifying person will own and create the fully buttoned up test plan and drive towards executing and automating, continuously raising the bar on quality excellence.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximates real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to create a scenario based E2E test plan, corresponding test cases and execute them along with a small team.
- Work with the product managers, partners and other stakeholders to identify and understand all possible scenarios the product will be used in the real world.
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment