Tax Audit Analyst
The tax audit analyst position works with a high level of independence, confidentiality, and with a great degree of collegiality. This position is responsible for state and local indirect tax audit support with respect to sales tax, use tax, and regulatory fees (such as e-waste and tire fees).
Primary Duties may include:
- Assist the Audit Manager and other Audit team members in providing requested information for any state or local tax authority Information Document Requests (IDR) on large audits.
- Independently prepare audit work papers for small to medium size audits.
- Maintain and analyze sensitive information under Information Security Guidelines.
- Analyze accounting records including sales data, accounts payable records, fixed asset records and financial statements requested under audit.
- Analyze tax assessments to determine accuracy and potential items for protest and/or appeal.
- Document and organize records for review by audit manager, directors, and senior executive management in tax, accounting, and legal.
- Maintain high level of privilege and confidentiality.
- Maintain, organize and document information provided to taxing authorities for audits, litigation and appeals.
- Maintain audit reports, audit schedules, and track all interaction with government authorities.
- Support tax compliance and reporting on various tax issues and projects.
- Ensure compliance with state and local indirect tax laws and regulations.
- Perform tax research using RIA, CCH or other resources.
- Access various internal systems and tools to analyze information requested on audit.
- Develop and implement process improvements.