Amazon Web Services (AWS)
has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception 10 years ago. The AWS Partner Network (APN)
is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include providing validated distinctions for partners by way of tier, program, and competency qualification; co-selling through lead submission; training and certifications; marketing assistance; reimbursement for POCs; and more. The APN Partner Systems team is responsible for all of the systems supporting APN, with two main groups of stakeholders: (1) external partners who interact with us via our partner community portal and (2) internal stakeholders who create and administer the various programs we offer for our partners. Join us at this exciting time, as we embark on a high-visibility and strategic project to re-implement our entire partner community! Job Description
As the Sr. Application Engineer, PSF, you will be a core member of the development team which supports all of our partner-programs systems. You will be the primary developer responsible for our Partner Solutions Finder (PSF)
product (https://aws.amazon.com/partners/find/results/), public-facing site dedicated to helping AWS customers quickly connect with the right AWS partners. Working closely with product and tech teams, you will design, build, test, iterate, and deploy the different systems which comprise the PSF. You will participate in code reviews, propose process improvements, and recommend smart tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on our projects. Key Responsibilities
- Implement new functionality and enhance existing functionality within PSF, including everything from the user interface to the search weightings to the integration with the database.
- Write code that follows best practices and requires little guidance from more senior engineers, demonstrating advanced scripting and querying skills and basic object oriented analysis and design skills, as well as a focus on scalability and performance.
- Perform meaningful estimation of technical work and effective assessment of technical risk.
- Troubleshoot development support issues - understanding root cause, then recommending and implementing long-term solutions.
- Participate in on-call to support critical issues within PSF and related sites.
- Demonstrate your advanced understanding of the functional requirements and end-user frustrations for the PSF by actively influencing design, development, and deployment in order to best deliver business value to customers.
- Communicate the design of the PSF by training users and by creating implementation and maintenance plans, wiki articles, and other systems documentation as needed.
- Help to manage relationships with 3rd-party vendors and contractors to ensure AWS receives effective support for the PSF product.
- Help to design the right metrics to influence other project resources and measure the progress and success of the PSF.