Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our movies include, MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP, and THE BIG SICK. Our television projects include award winning comedy series TRANSPARENT, MOZART IN THE JUNGLE, and Drama Series MAN IN THE CASTLE.
This position will support the production finance team as the lead for all Amazon Original Movie related projects in this fast growing film business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the production finance team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions and be involved with all Amazon Original Movies projects from development, production, to delivery.
A successful candidate will be responsible for the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the business partners throughout the studio to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance.
· Implement industry best production accounting practices for the studio project portfolio, including:
· Hiring and managing accounting teams for productions and ensuring they are following studio guidelines.
· Managing development budget and payments.
· Documentation of key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
· Working with Global Financial Systems and Operations teams to implement effective solutions.
· Partnering with the business to scope and implement studio production finance and accounting solutions
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.