Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Pay
One Account to Shop the World!
Amazon Pay provides consumers and merchants the simple and trusted way to pay and get paid online through multiple access channels. Amazon Pay allows more than 250 Million Amazon buyers to login, pay and get items shipped to their preferred destinations on a merchant’s website securely using their payment and address information that is stored on Amazon.com. Amazon Pay is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications. Amazon Pay helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Amazon Pay is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers, partners and enablers to create a unique commerce and purchase experience that benefits buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Pays Direct Sales
The Amazon Pay Direct Sales team is responsible for engaging directly with merchants who sell their products through online and mobile channels. The Direct Sales team is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding the adoption and usage of Amazon Pay across merchants of all sizes. This team uses established sales techniques and innovative ways to identify new merchant opportunities for the launch of Amazon Pay and deliver increased conversion on the merchant’s website. The team is focused on creating success for some of the top-tier and well known merchants and brands as well as the small and medium merchants in the US across multiple industry categories using Amazon Pay. The Senior Manager will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Pay Direct Sales program. The Direct Sales team is responsible for forecasting and delivering established sales targets and is measured on established input and output goals.
Amazon Pay is seeking an experienced Senior Manager for managing its Direct Sales teams. The Senior Manager will manage sales teams focusing on large, medium and small merchants including some of the largest merchants and premium brands in the world. The Senior Manager role requires an experienced sales leader who can guide individual sales representative to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close agreements with third-party merchants. The Senior Manager will work directly and in collaboration with other stakeholders such as Marketing to generate leads and assign them appropriately based on qualifying criteria. The individual will also collaborate with the Onboarding and Integration teams to ensure the appropriate processes and tools are available to launch merchants quickly.
The Senior Manager, Direct Sales will work closely with Amazon Payment’s Product, Finance, Marketing, Onboarding and Merchant Management as well as other groups in Amazon with whom we can create bundled offerings. The Senior Manager, Direct Sales will create a program and structure for the direct sales teams to execute business terms, legal contracts and integration deliverables that are appropriate to the size of merchant being engaged varying from highly complex deals for large merchants to very simple ones for small merchants. This individual will also be responsible for managing certain merchants of their own and managing them through the sales process. The individual will work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for all merchants. The Senior Manager will play a key role in coordinating with various teams to ensure that the merchant has a superior experience throughout the sales engagement and onboarding process. The Senior Manager will also represent the new merchants’ needs and experience back to internal stakeholders. The role will require moderate travel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a sales team of experienced and new sales representatives to exceed sales targets.
- Establish sales targets for sales teams managing merchants from $1M in online sales to large enterprise merchants whose revenues are greater than $100 Million in online sales.
- Increase revenue and market share in a defined segment/vertical/category.
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for defined segment/vertical/category
- Assign a target list for addressable merchants for individual sales representatives to maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Lead the relationship management and sales plan for large merchants.
- Overcome internal and external hurdles to help the sales team deliver successful launches.
- Guide the sales representatives by providing industry/category expertise, sales process management, successful deal negotiation, successful contract negotiation and process management for quick integration.
- Develop and execute customized and standardized merchant strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from the client.
- Measure, analyze and improve performance of sales teams.
- Create segment/category/merchant group deal approval guidelines by working with various internal stakeholders.
- Define the North America Payments Sales Strategy for short, medium and long-term success and identify the primary focus areas and growth opportunities.
- Represent the voice of the merchant internally with stakeholders and senior management and influence the evolution of Amazon Pay to support the sales growth plans and objectives.
- Create collaborative relationships with internal and external cross-functional teams that include representation from Marketing, Product, Operations and Technology to deliver feasible Amazon Pay solutions for merchants.
- Interact directly with senior and executive management to report on business performance and strategic initiatives.
- Effectively represent the Direct Sales teams’ requirements, considerations and issues in key leadership and management forums.
- Identify opportunities for Amazon capabilities through a strong understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Develop and execute the Amazon Pay direct sales plan for large, medium and small merchants and premium brands across multiple verticals for the North America region
- Develop and execute sales strategies based on various e-commerce platforms utilized by merchants.
- Develop a target list for addressable categories and maintain a robust sales pipeline with a goal of meeting or exceeding weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute standardized and customized sales account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from the marge merchant. The key output is to generate incremental transaction payment volume and transaction profit.
- Identify sales opportunities and conclude sales deals for Amazon Pay through a strong understanding of the merchant's business including payments.
- Create and enhance the various processes from lead generation to onboarding to improve the efficiency of sales engagements.
- Identify reasons for closed and lost sales opportunities and present feedback to senior management to improve success rate.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders such as Product, Finance and Legal to define simple and efficient processes to maximize the number of merchant launches.
- Continuously review merchant and market landscape and recommend, develop and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the merchant’s business objectives are met through use of Amazon Pay as well as grow the Amazon business.
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the merchant organization with equivalent stakeholders within Amazon.
- Consolidate existing relationships and expand Amazon’s reach within multiple businesses and divisions of the partner organization for the utilization of Amazon’s products and services.
- Manage complex price and contract negotiations and technology implementations.
- Manage onboarding of merchant on supported solution provider platform or custom integration.
Communication & Reporting:
- Be responsible for business reporting on sales performance and progress against goals on a periodic basis.
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives on a periodic basis to provide the status of the sales goals and objectives.
- Provide business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
- Systematically communicate business performance to the merchant and review portfolio performance with Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues.
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- Manage a team of 20 sales representatives.
- Work with experienced and new sales representatives and guide them appropriately through the sales process.
- Develop team leads and sales managers to manage individual merchant segment teams.
- Understand individual sales representatives’ strengths and opportunities for improvement for them to be successful.