WorkSpaces is leading the cloud desktop revolution and we are looking for systems engineers who knows how to design and maintain high scale web services.
You can find out more about WorkSpaces here: http://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/
We care deeply about the user experience our customers have when they interact with their WorkSpace. This includes how long it takes to launch, how long it takes to log in, and how the in-session interaction feels. We must provide a secure and highly available WorkSpace to meet expectations. The right candidate for this role will be motivated by building the solution and tools to handle these challenges at cloud scale.
System Engineers at Amazon are the backbone of our services. They work on large scale system design and help in our operational decision making. They are both hands on implementers and architects, providing guidance across the organization. They have a strong sense of ownership of the overall health and effectiveness of our services.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with running a web service and understand how to architect large scale solutions, top to bottom. Experience with EC2 and other AWS products, Windows system management, automated quality assurance, automated build process, and software unit testing are major pluses. Significant experience in building and shipping software products or web services in a timely manner is a requirement.
Your responsibilities include:
· Working with business team to understand customer issues and will investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solution
· Operate the Amazon WorkSpaces control plane and data plane to ensure availability and performance for our customers
· Develop scripts for automation of all aspects of systems rollouts
· Troubleshoot, identify, and solve performance issues in the WorkSpaces service
· Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and do what it takes to deliver results
WorkSpaces is changing the way that people use computers - come help us make history!