At AWS, we’re building a team of technical Solutions Architects to help our customers develop technical expertise in AWS services, learn how to architect their cloud applications, and provide a great customer experience for customers in the Americas. To help build this business, we're looking for an Operations Lead with strong organization, collaboration and communication skills. This role will execute multiple key business processes to ensure great experience for customers, great productivity of all architects, and efficient execution of business operations.
This position will be based in Arlington, VA (Ballston) but may require travel to the Herndon, VA office. Responsibilities include:
- Manage business planning meeting cadences to drive business planning for the AWS WWPS Solutions Architecture team. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, participants, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans.
- Opportunity pipeline/influenced revenue reporting - work with sales and Solutions Architects involved in proposing, selling and forecasting new business. Coordinate monthly pipeline reviews to ensure efficient execution across the team to meet our revenue influence goals.
- Goal/objectives tracking – work with managers to ensure we are on track for our global goals and objectives; develop and coordinate efforts for reporting and tracking.
- Resource management/headcount planning - work with managers and solutions architects to build skills inventory. Orchestrate the training scheduling process to optimize for customer, sales segment, and business needs.
- Monthly metrics reporting- collaborate with managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by sales segment. Develop and refresh all management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- Reusability and repeatability- track the quantity and quality of knowledge base entries, published samples, case studies and references against annual goals. Drive maximum leverage by ensuring discoverability and utilization of reusable resources. Help specialty solutions architects to package and publish repeatable offerings.
- Communications - drive quarterly and special event internal communications. Work across teams to collect current project updates and progress proof points. Draft team newsletters to ensure cross group awareness and collaboration.
- Global programs management – drive quarterly, special projects, and ad-hoc internal communications to ensure alignment in all operational and strategic objectives based on annual business plans and global programs