Amazon CA is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Instock Manager to lead the Canada French books team. The Instock Manager will be responsible for driving inventory decisions and key supply chain initiatives for Canada’s fast-growing business. He or she will be responsible for developing and executing best practices in managing inventory to maximize sales, margin, and inventory turns while minimizing out of stock product. He or she will have responsibility for ensuring all inventory systems and processes are meeting the needs of the business and implementing controls around these processes. Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and improving product sourcing decisions.
A successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, instock or operations management experience, strong skills in working cross functionally, and a track record of delivering results through others. He or she will excel in setting direction, have strong analytical capabilities, including experience generating and managing forecasts, reports, and analyses. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization
Areas of responsibility include:
- Manage relationships with French books vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with senior leadership in reporting, delivering project updates, and handling escalations
- Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and managing down unproductive inventory
- Measure and improve vendor lead times, reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between vendors and Amazon.
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements
- Work with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflow, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually