The goal of Amazon’s Global Delivery Strategy Team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over Amazon’s current and future transportation initiatives.
The Sr. Product Management will be responsible for the operations, quality and delivery of a broad portfolio of transportation programs. To do this, he/she must be able to manage across numerous novel business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp over the operational, financial, and technical aspects of each program. Working with a large group of diverse stakeholders, this leader must provide vision and strategy for the Global Delivery Operations Team while diving deep into the details of each new program and project to reduce delivery risk, create efficiencies and maintain cost competitiveness.
This role is inherently cross-functional—this leader will work closely with Engineering, Project Management, Design, Operations, Finance, Legal, Business Development, Customer Service, and Executive teams to deliver systems, operational solutions and risk reduction techniques that allow the business to scale. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. This leader must have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic process-rich business environment.
Some of the key job functions of the Sr. Product Manager include:
- Drive the overall product and feature roadmap and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against user experience
- Write product/marketing requirements and process design documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
- Establish business/cost models, metrics and indicators for success
- Measure and analyze existing products and business/cost models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
- Conduct ongoing risk reduction analysis for operational efficiency
- Research and identify new opportunities
- Develop and manage support content and training