At Amazon, we are guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are looking for exceptional people to join Finance Technology’s Strategic Design team.
Do you thrive in diving deep to identify most relevant and critical data for decision making? Have you helped extract meaning from billions of data points and automated processes to communicate these insights in real time to the finance, technology, and/or business teams? Have you worked across disparate teams and systems, connected the dots and uncovered a better way of operating? If yes, then Strategic Design’s Senior Business Analyst role is the one for you.
The Senior Business Analyst will analyze data from dozens of different services, make sense of the results, and be able to communicate them to senior leaders in technology, finance, and business. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
A successful candidate will be a critical and invaluable partner to Strategic Design’s senior leaders and business architects, plus other FinTech leaders on the Big Data and Software Development teams. This person’s experience and comfort with data analytics will be a key ingredient identifying and prioritizing the most important problems to solve resulting in simple and scalable solutions for complex problems with Finance needs at the forefront. These solutions will be those used collect, store, and report near real-time data.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multi-dimensional data sets, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative and will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to large data sets (e.g., data visualization tools for non-tech business users in the finance community)
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation.
- Employ modelling and flowcharting techniques to document and present your understanding of processes.
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve where and how Strategic Design focuses on innovation.
- Be connected and influential within the Amazon analyst community. Work with engineering and the data warehouse teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
- Generate Impact: We want someone obsessed with impact, who understands how to turn insights into value every day.