Amazon’s Consumables organization has an immediate opening for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer. Consumables is at the forefront of customer-facing innovation, driving repetitive shopping behaviors. As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer you will be leading the charge in developing data modeling strategies and design decisions. You will work with a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Oracle, Redshift, EMR, Quicksight and Tableau etc.) and stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
Our ideal candidate possess a strong passion for analytics and data modeling, sets high standards, is accurate and strives to stay ahead of a dynamic and fast growing business. The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong communication skills and possess a high level of business acumen in order to work with business owners and deliver analysis that leads to business actions. Above all the candidate is passionate about working with huge data sets and is someone that loves to answer business questions that drive change.
· Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information addressing stakeholder needs.
· Interface directly with stakeholders, gathering requirements and owning automated end-to-end reporting solutions.
· Partner with analysts, data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and software development engineers across Consumables org and Amazon to produce complete data solutions.
· Investigate and implement new big data technologies to solve business problems where appropriate.
· Participate in developing technical strategy for turning data into actionable information.
· Develop complex queries for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.