Want to own a brand new program end to end? Want to directly manage tech and product? There is no better place to do that than Alexa. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and can deliver high quality product in record time.
This role will directly manage both product and engineering for Calendars on Alexa. you will define the product vision and charter for the program, key product features needed to support the vision, and the software architecture to support these features. You will own the product road map and execution plans. You will hire and manage the team and make sure it has the right people and structure needed to move fast. As the team leader, it will be your job to make sure we deliver quickly, build solutions that are forward looking and can scale with limited re-engineering, and make a meaningful positive impact for our customers.
- Lead delivery of a complex, cross-functional, customer facing program.
- Lead teams of software engineers and product managers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation for teh program.
- Hire and develop team members. Grow your team by hiring smart and motivated engineers and product people. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results. Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within Amazon on a weekly basis.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation