Amazon Web Services is seeking a Sr. Global Mechanical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team. This engineer is responsible for the continuous innovation of mechanical infrastructure implementation in support of our rapidly expanding data center footprint.
Engineers at Amazon work to design resilient, cost effective mechanical distribution systems. As engineers at Amazon we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We justify and communicate the technical decisions we make to Sr. Management and work hard to drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs. As an engineer at Amazon you have the ability to drive change and define/design the systems our customers rely on.
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
We are looking for engineers with hands on mechanical design and implementation experience. If you can design a mechanical system, have experience master planning building and campus cooling systems, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. Amazon is structured to perform engineering services in-house. As such, the Sr. Global Mechanical engineer will be responsible for supporting design engineers tasked with developing construction documentation. This position will directly support global design efforts and will be leveraged to solve large scale implementation issues. You will be relied on as a subject matter expert in the mechanical engineering field. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
At Amazon team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. As a mechanical engineer at Amazon you will be working with other internal groups as well as external groups including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
Amazon has a global presence. Travel will occasionally be necessary but shouldn’t be more than 25%. International support will be part of the job, and some international travel may be necessary. Support could consist of working on international teams and could require developing schematic and design document packages. An understanding of international mechanical design requirements is helpful but not necessary.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems we want YOU! At Amazon you will be responsible for working on multi-million dollar designs that support our array of businesses and wide variety of customers. Great ideas are encouraged and supported. Ingenuity is the main mechanism which supports our focus on quality, speed, and cost.Responsibilities of the Sr. Global Mechanical Engineer
The Sr. Global Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a technical lead for the AWS datacenter mechanical design.
- Maintain and host technical mechanical meetings to provide a collaborative environment for development of datacenter mechanical systems.
- Maintain and provide technical oversight of the Global Mechanical Basis of Design (BoD).
- Develop strategic designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary and redundancy requirements
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support our data centers.
- Work with internal teams to understand user requirements.
- Creation of next generation designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
- Work with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements.
- Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations.