Would you like to support driving the revenue for Amazon Web Services (AWS), a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by analyzing trends in Big Data sets to understand how customers are building software applications and services? Do you want to empower Product, Business Development, and Sales Teams make the data-driven decisions that further establish AWS as the leader in the cloud computing space? Are you eager to work with some of the world’s top talent in predictive modeling, machine learning, and distributed systems? We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as a Business Analyst (BA) in our Seattle, WA location.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- In this role, the BA will conduct innovative research to better understand how customers are using AWS services, identify trigger points to help create effective programs, and how these programs can enable sellers. Successful candidates will have experience creatively applying statistical research and experimental methodologies to answer real-world questions.
- The BA will work very closely with the team of Data Scientist
- The ideal candidate possesses a deep analytical background, technical expertise, strong business acumen, and ability to deliver results
- Take ownership over designing research studies that generate new insights and formulate recommendations that improve the efficiency of the sales process
- Design and execute detailed plans and timelines to provide data-driven insights and recommendations to leadership
- Share your thought leadership and subject matter expertise freely with other teams to raise the bar for customers and the broader organization
- Conduct data analyses with the appropriate statistical approach (regressions, factor analyses, t-tests, etc.)
- Understand required data, identify where data sets reside and their underlying structure to manipulate through SQL queries
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities and perform analysis/diagnosis leading to significant business impact
- Run the pre-processing and analysis of the data needed before any ML method is applied