The Amazon Kindle team is looking for an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric team player to help lead our global Kindle business. This leader will manage key eBook content relationships with publishers and help define the content strategy and execution for business initiatives and products.
The ideal candidate has solid business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations, strong relationship management, and success with launching new business models, initiatives and products. This person uses analytics to guide decision-making, is able to dive deep into data and think creatively about new opportunities.
Some key job functions of this position are:
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnership deals that drive competitive advantage, delight customers, and support strategic objectives
- Serve as a key member of the global Content Acquisition team in helping to define and deliver the strategy around content acquisition, new business models
- Business and Product Definition; with input from business stakeholders, develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones
- Establish and execute against aggressive selection, operational, and business metrics
- Help define the list of high priority products and projects to ensure alignment of initiatives and the roadmap
- Execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product management, legal, marketing, and other Content Acquisition teams around the world)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management of Amazon and publishers
- Identify opportunities for innovation and automation
- Leverage data analysis to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership