Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s suppliers? Amazon’s Vendor Services program improves customer experience on Amazon.com by working directly with suppliers to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve vendor engagement and satisfaction and enable scalability.
The Vendor Services team is looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic and data-driven leader for its Vendor Support team. This team is the vendor-facing face of the program and has ultimate responsibility for delivering a high level of service to our vendors every day, ensuring high operational standards and vendor satisfaction with the program.
The ideal candidate is an influential leader with experience managing an operational team and providing exceptional levels of customer service. They are able to build new processes and teams from bottoms up and then continuously improve the operational efficiency of their organization through excellent prioritization, and communication skills, as well as the ability to navigate ambiguity. Above all, they are an inspirational people manager who is able to effectively design a new organization and hire, develop and lead a large team effectively.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with internal partners to build and achieve input-focused operating plans.
- Working culture where accountability, transparency, and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects causing vendor frustration is a standard operating practice.
- Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit associates and/or vendors.
- Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development roadmap for associates.
- Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our vendors’ issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of vendors.
- Create closed-loop feedback processes where team members are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to vendor experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
- Work with our Finance team to develop and manage to annual expense budget.
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders in other departments.
- Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff.