The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for an experienced Sr. Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team and help build new categories of cloud solutions for our catalog of ISV products across multiple software markets. As a Business Development Manager within AWS Marketplace, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our mission to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, purchased, and deployed by AWS customers. You will work closely with teams across AWS to develop the strategic vision for the new category, building and execute a comprehensive Go-To-Market plan. You will need to build relationships with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) of , including market leaders, high profile ISVs and start-ups. You will own critical aspects of the AWS Marketplace business, from defining new categories, to influencing AWS stakeholders and launching the category and add selection with existing and new sellers to delivering software for AWS customers in a new cloud model.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development background that enables them to engage at the CXO/VP level (internal & external), a proven track record to drive programs or projects from very early stages through execution to launch and an understanding of the software market holistically. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the customer, business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these partners including on-boarding, business alignment, partner go-to-market approvals, etc., you will be responsible for driving future revenue opportunities and overall end-customer adoption across one or more software markets and customer segments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ability to develop strategic business plans for a specific software market targeting ISV recruitment, revenue goals and GTM goals.
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
· Execute a strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support).
· Work with new ISVs to educate them on the value of Marketplace as a new cloud channel and help them align business and technical requirements
· Work with existing ISV product teams, business development and field organizations to define and execute joint go-to-market programs.
· Position AWS Marketplace for internal adoption by the partner organization.
· Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
· Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
· Handle complex business requirements and activities which improve new seller and product selection.
This position will be located in Seattle and will involve 30% travel.