The Amazon Visual Search and Mobile Innovation team creates solutions aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-phone view. We are developing advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, deep learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
As an Applied Scientist in Computer Vision in Visual Search you will:
· Investigate and solve exciting and difficult challenges in image recognition, classification, augmented reality and deep learning.
· Research and develop scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions to hard problems.
· Design, implement, and deploy full-stack computer vision solutions for millions of Amazon customers.
· Build on core technology in Visual Search.
· Use the latest advances in neural networks and machine learning to bring new experiences for our customers.
You are going to love this job because you will:
· Be immersed in a "critical mass” of innovative and top caliber computer vision experts in a collegial and fun environment.
· Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value in the real world.
· Create world-class computer vision products.
· Build on Amazon’s tools and vast technical resources.
· Work in a dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
Located in our Palo Alto office, you will experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies and work alongside other developer teams across Amazon’s businesses and technology initiatives. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented, collaborative environment at our offices located on the Amazon Corporate campus in Palo Alto, CA.
We solve many of Amazon's most difficult and important problems, and in partnership with teams across Amazon, we build new services that surprise and delight our customers. We have current and future projects in video recommendation, streaming data analysis, natural language processing, deep learning, bandit algorithms, computer security, social networks, and more.
Machine learning at Amazon is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our applied scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with social scientists, computer vision experts, and others.
If interested please apply directly online via this posting and our recruiting department will review your profile.