Amazon.com is looking for a highly motivated Network Scaling Associate to support the Network Scaling and Integration team’s actions to manage & scale one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com
), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate across all of our services it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to deploy and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
This role is in the AWS Network Scaling and Integration (NSI) team. You will provide end-to-end project support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, expanding and innovating our Cloud datacenters.
You will help manage our internal NSI commissioned projects, which require you to roll-up your sleeves and work across all organizational levels and groups including the network deployment staff, network scaling staff, and other project management teams, as well as external vendors. You will be responsible to drive project deliverables, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project lifecycle. A background in network business operations, project management, or network engineering is essential for your success in this position.
It is imperative to have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You should be passionate about driving projects to completion and enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
This role reports to the Network Scaling and Integration Manager, as NSI Network Scaling Program Manager based in Virginia, USA you will be responsible for supporting a global team of Network Scaling Managers with an infrastructure implementation budget of over $120 million.
We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with the global NSI Technology, Architecture, and Process (TAP) team to:
· Serve as the key business partner working directly with global NSI and other internal stakeholders to drive closure to network scaling projects.
· Structure, complex, ambiguous, and potentially escalated business issues for the NSI management team.
· Structure problems, perform analysis, and present to your business partners. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
· Report ad hoc, weekly, and monthly project and operating metrics.
· Analyze business and project results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives.
· Monitor rack integrator performance to manage volume of issues to drive defect rates down.
Develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines, simplification, and costs.