At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager
to join our team to lead food safety, quality and regulatory in Mexico, based in Mexico City.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to set standards, develop and implement assessment programs and partner with retail, operations and transportation teams to achieve compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company! High-level summary of deliverables:
· Develop and manage overall food safety program for products sourced from within Mexico and overseas to ensure products are safe, legal, and of high quality
· Research and interpret relevant local jurisdictions as well as food and retail industry practices, to set standards and guidelines relevant to food selection, food online display and merchandising, food processes in fulfillment centers and transport operations.
· Enable compliance through communication of standards and providing technical expertise
· For FC controls, ensure permit compliance, pest control, product segregation, expiration date, shelf life, and temperature sensitive mechanisms are in place.
· Measure, verify, and report on compliance performance and program effectiveness
· For strategic categories, define pre-launch and post launch additional compliance expectations and ensure compliance. Lead communication between country-specific regulators, suppliers, and Global Food Safety Team
· Resolve or support resolution of food product incidents.
· Leverage technology to manage compliance processes