This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers exciting new services within Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud). Today, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. EC2 redefines the economics and physics of computing, reducing the time to build a datacenter to minutes. Customers around the world use EC2 to rapidly scale capacity up and down as their computing requirements change. But there are many additional services and offerings that will make Amazon EC2 an even better customer experience and platform for our customers. We are changing the way that people use computers and the EC2 team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform - come help us make history!
The Amazon EC2 team is growing rapidly, and is seeking a candidate with strong product and program management experience in platform level products or services. As a Principal Product Manager, you will define and drive the product strategy and roadmap for our operating systems (OS) offerings on Amazon EC2. You’ll work with our development teams, partners, and ISVs to ensure that the customers have the best and the widest range of OS and application offerings available to run on Amazon EC2. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the AWS and Amazon.com business.
Details of responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Define creative and high quality product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Work closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals