Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s Cloud Business is a hot area amongst the technical community as is discussed in this recent article
. An example of AWS’s leadership in the Cloud can be seen Gartner’s most recent Cloud competitive assessment
which named AWS as the leader for the 3rd consecutive year, 5 times larger than the next 14 providers combined. You can also read about our recent earnings that discussed the fast growth of Amazon’s $5B+ Cloud Business
AWS Services is a self-standing business (P&L) within AWS and continues to be one of AWS’s fastest and most innovative businesses. We build software and have engineers that help customers of all sizes, industries, and geographies successfully utilize the products and features provided by Amazon Web Services. Customers include very large Enterprises (e.g. Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and Nokia); Public Sector companies (e.g. NASA JPL) as well as fast growing businesses and internet companies (e.g. Netflix).
As a member of the AWS Services team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Services has an opening based in Seattle for an Americas Regional Customer Service leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has strong operational, leadership and technical skills to set the lead this key AWS Customer Service group to deliver a world-class customer experience and set a benchmark for customer service in the IT industry.
You will represent Amazon and AWS as your teams field inquiries from customers who want help using AWS services. You'll work directly with AWS engineering teams including platform teams to drive tooling and process improvements to ensure a high quality, fast resolution customer experience. You'll drive customer communication during AWS critical events and drive projects that improve customer service related processes. You will act as the voice of the customer in AWS internal meetings. You will be responsible for leveraging the DNA of customer obsession at Amazon and help AWS become the worlds most customer centric IT provider.
The AWS Americas CS Leader will have responsibility to;
- Manage AWS Customer Service operations Seattle and Washington DC.
- Responsible for delivery of operational metrics and service levels for AWS Customer Service
- Drive customer communication during customer impacting events (e.g. outages, billing issue, price changes, etc.).
- Drive projects that improve customer support-related processes and our customers support experience
- Represent the AWS Voice of the customer to ensure improvements are driven within service teams and self service capabilities within AWS.
- Work with the other regional and site leaders who directly manage CS teams to influence operational execution in a matrixed organization.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall customer experience and financial performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Plan and conduct periodic business reviews with AWS teams to influence and evangelize with Senior Leadership in AWS
- Develop and build an organizational structure that aligns the talent to the strategic objectives for the group. This leader will be responsible for continuing to build an extremely high caliber team.
- Help define the next 12-24 month customer service and self-service roadmap. Drive the full definition of and delivery against the new capabilities specified in the roadmap.
- Work with AWS leaders and software development teams to design, build, and maintain processes and features to make AWS more successful.
- Ensure AWS customer feedback is incorporated into business plans, product roadmaps and feature development.