Amazon is migrating to Workday! We’re looking for the best and brightest Workday professionals for multiple roles to design, implement, build, test, and maintain what will be one of the largest Workday implementations in the world. As we prepare to kick off this project, we are hiring for all Workday roles – so if you’re awesome at something relevant and want to be part of the team, do not feel limited by this exact job description.
The Amazon People Technology team is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join us as we implement Workday and transform HR integration for one of our biggest customer groups; hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees. Our preferred candidate has a technical background and possesses strong program management skills including waterfall/agile project management experience on large software projects. The candidate possesses high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence (directly and indirectly), is detail oriented, and has excellent problem solving abilities.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Defines and delivers global technology projects end to end
• Interacts with project sponsors, other technical program managers, product managers, multiple development teams, quality assurance teams and customers to define and deliver complex integration APIs.
• Manage a portfolio of integration projects
• Anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, makes trade-offs between business needs and technical constraints
• Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization
• Identifies, assesses, tracks and mitigates issues and risks at multiple levels
• Creates, maintains and disseminates project information to stakeholders
• Drives effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Develops strong relationships with business users in all HR Functional areas
• Mentors other team members, actively sharing knowledge