Principal Technical Program Manager, Selection Monitoring
Amazon’s Selection Monitoring team is responsible for making the biggest catalog on the planet even bigger. We build software to find products not already sold on Amazon and algorithmically add them to the Amazon catalog. Our work involves building state-of-the-art Information Retrieval (IR) infrastructure, extracting structured-data from unstructured-content, automatic item classification, storage systems to hold the massive catalog and distributed systems of cloud-scale. We apply the state- of- the-art parallel processing and machine learning algorithms to evaluate millions of products every day and to identify and prioritize new additions to Amazon’s selection efficiently. We constantly stretch the boundaries of cloud-scale distributed systems, elastic computing, big data, and SOA technologies to tackle business challenges at Amazon scale. If you are customer obsessed, driven, tenacious and analytical, you will have fun solving our business problems of unprecedented scale. You will develop deep technical expertise and learn designing large scale distributed, service-oriented systems. Come join us in our journey to make everything – and yes, we do mean *everything* – that anyone wants to buy, available on Amazon!
The ideal candidate will have excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial.
You must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
- Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
- Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
- Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
- Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team’s goals.
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.