CloudFront makes the Internet run faster!
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to join our content delivery team (CDN). CloudFront projects include massively scalable, reliable, distributed systems that provide fast, inexpensive, global distribution of content. It is a web service for content delivery and transfers and one of the biggest cornerstones of AWS. CloudFront integrates with other Amazon Web Services to give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute static and streaming content to end users with low latency and high data transfer speeds. This is an opportunity to join a world class team that is at the sharp, fast edge of the internet.
You should be somebody that is passionate about solving customers’ problems; you should be technically strong software engineer who takes pride in tackling the hardest technical challenges, excels working in agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day! You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility and ownership.
Why would you want to work at CloudFront?
· We write software that has a large impact. In the time that you read this sentence CloudFront will have handled hundreds of thousands of requests; billions by the end of day.
· We ship software. We are constantly deploying features, fixes, enhancements.
· We are growing in team size, customers, volumes.
· Our systems are massive, scalable, distributed, and near real-time.
· We enable our engineers as first class service owners. As a developer at CloudFront you will have input into product direction, technical design and implementation, and operational decisions.
· We own and operate a world class CDN in many locations worldwide and are quickly growing it to be a huge business.