Do you want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
We're looking for a Senior Financial Business Analyst to support the AWS Compute Services team. This position will partner with business, finance and technical leadership to develop and implement a new approach to variable labor planning for all global data centers. This will include evolving the methodology, determining best systems and tools to ensure scalability and ultimately developing and implementing. Additional related responsibilities include productivity and financial forecasting, reporting (weekly, monthly and quarterly), along with ad hoc analysis support.
· Develop a strong understanding of operational requirements in order to develop recommendations on approach to headcount planning.
· Utilize that information to determine best technical options that ensure standardization and continued flexibility and scalability
· Assist Operational technical teams with system development.
· Communicate financial and business results including variance analyses to senior business leaders.
· Complete cost / benefit analyses and communicate key drivers / inputs to support business decisions, specifically related to variable headcount options.
· Creation/Automation of business dashboards to evaluate business performance and cost metrics