Software Development Manager – Payments Expansion l@Amazon
Does engaging across all of Amazon Digital Businesses on large scale payments programs that impact all of Amazon’s digital business and suppliers around the world excite you? The Digital Commerce team is recruiting for a Software Development Manager to focus on the tasks of meeting Payment Capability needs for all digital businesses. While executing on this we’ll also be pushing for and improving our Customer choice, experience and Cost of Payments.
As a Software Development Manager you will be responsible for end to end delivery of these payments programs. You will work with 15-20 business and core platform technical teams to understand specific business needs, assist in the technical design of processes and technical solutions, innovate new features, and then work with engineering teams to deliver them on an aggressive schedule.
As part of program management, you will also assess risk, develop risk mitigation plans, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, manage issue escalation, and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus technical concerns and compliance requirements.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in customer facing, cross-functional program initiatives, have broad and deep technical knowledge, have demonstrated problem solving skills, excellent schedule/delivery management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced collaborative environment. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to quickly earn trust with the teams they engage with, foster a positive program environment, and come to each discussion, deliverable, and issue with a “can do” attitude.
- Program management of large scale complex initiatives through the entire development life cycle; planning, execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
- Provide leadership and support for multiple engineering teams operating to reach compliance. Engage the engineering teams and Managers of various organizations to ensure that their iterations on design and development enable compliance by needed deadlines. Assist in the execution through multiple iterations of product enhancements and delivery.
- Work closely with platform business engineering teams to ensure compliance and business needs are met without compromising long term platform health and evolution
- Facilitate roadmap development across the multiple engineering teams and help shape the overall vision for automated compliance to evolving tax and accounting rules and laws.
- Facilitate launch planning across multiple teams to bring the project end points along multiple work streams into a single timeline to meet compliance readiness dates
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance teams to ensure that end-to-end verification and validation complete at the right time and in the correct environments to demonstrate readiness to compliance and business needs
- Coordinate with PMs from non-tech work streams to ensure that technical and non-technical plans and initiatives are coordinated and achieve the combined goals of compliance and business needs without impacting the performance of the business teams and Vendors in the execution of their duties