Amazon.com is seeking a highly-intelligent and experienced public relations professional to support our rapidly growing and evolving global digital video business. Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows – our mission is to build the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for customers to enjoy wherever and whenever they want.
As PR Manager, Asia Pacific, you will act as the regional PR lead to partner and collaborate with global PR teams and key business leaders to imagine, develop and execute communications programs and events designed to support the global digital video business and its rapid growth in the Asia Pacific region. As regional PR lead you will be relied upon as a key advisor to senior business leaders and international PR colleagues, and support global campaigns taking into consideration cultural nuances for impactful regional media strategies.
The successful candidate must have extraordinary high-judgment, excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management skills and a talent for effectively managing projects across international teams with complex communication challenges. She/he should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines and be flexible to manage ambiguity as priorities change.
· Serve as a PR subject matter expert on the Asia Pacific region
· Devise and implement comprehensive communication programs that build buzz and awareness for the digital video service and its content
· Work with key stakeholders across many regions including business leads, content teams, marketing teams, social media teams and external PR agencies
· Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders
· Ensure consistency of company-wide communication, share worldwide best practices, capitalize on opportunities globally and develop impactful regional media strategies
· Keep current on trends, issues and news about both the business and consumer worlds of media and entertainment
· Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media in the region
· Conduct proactive and reactive media relations
· Manage external public relations agency on strategy and day to day matters
· Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson for assigned businesses as necessary