Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Systems Development Engineers for the AWS Network Organization. This position is located in Minneapolis Minnesota and working in the heart of AWS global network. The engineers within our organization are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience working at scale. Systems Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams to invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network while never losing sight of the high security bar our customers demand.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers on the planet. You can also further your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Be part of the team that shapes the automation future in Network Operations
- Develop tools and process that wrangle data from different sources to infer consistency
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Understand and contribute to standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Drive designs, taking into account the system and software aspect
- Design and recommend optimization for service delivery and fleets
- Mentor more junior staff in linux fundementals and automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing