Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, India and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon’s Product Imaging team is a large, rapidly growing organization that’s distributed across sites in multiple countries. As Program Manager, you’ll be working with business teams in multiple geographies and product managers across the company to identify business cases, set a roadmap and define requirements and timelines. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies, project management tools, reporting and analytics, supply chain and the ability to quickly ramp up. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a PM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints. An ability to take large programs and break them down into manageable pieces, communicate and drive other teams to deliver results in a successful manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, and results delivery are essential to success in this role.
This candidate must have a strong background in complex business processes, operational acumen as well as partnerships with business users and software developers. The candidate will have a demonstrated track record of program delivery and execution in operations and supply chain especially in program management and quality initiatives (PMP/Lean/SixSigma/Kaizen).
- Dive deep to understand areas of standardization and optimization across operations and functional teams; translate findings into business requirements
- Define, measure and utilize program KPI’s to improve the overall program
- Successfully deliver projects on time working across global cross-functional teams including retail business teams, fulfillment centers, vendors, and Studio Managers, as well as internal software/hardware development, reporting and analytics and finance teams.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of a multiple projects within a program
- Mine and analyze data pertaining to product imaging to identify critical business insights
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for operational, program or product improvements