Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure.
Customers are leveraging AWS infrastructure to solve the world’s biggest challenges from curing cancer to reducing carbon emissions to improving education. AWS is focused on increasing access to infrastructure and applications to help our customers change the world. The rapid pace of innovation is driven by more and better access to computing resources, allowing unprecedented amounts of data to be analyzed in near real time on nearly infinite computational resources. Will the cure for cancer come out of a lab or out of a remote computing cluster? Emerging technology like AI/ML, IoT, and Big Data are making new discoveries possible every day. Our job is to facilitate and support the heroes making those discoveries.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help define and execute the strategy for the newly formed AWS Impact Computing business. This role will work closely with customers while finding use cases that take full advantage of the capabilities offered by AWS EC2. You will use your business savvy to expand existing markets, develop adoption programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers from the world’s leading startups to the largest enterprises to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will be a trusted advisor and strategic partner in our customers’ search to develop impactful technologies that solve the world’s biggest challenges. You will aggregate feedback from the end user community and help refine solutions by collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams. Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams and solution architects, you will help customers unlock the potential of AWS EC2 Computing.
Your background in driving impactful outcomes and use cases will enable you to leverage scalable compute as well as cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to move their Impact Computing workflows to the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, and program/product go to market expertise. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead global business development efforts in the area of Impact Computing
• Serve as a key member of the AWS EC2 Compute Services Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall global AWS market strategy
• Identify and promote replicable use cases and case studies to build AWS internal and external market awareness
• Define and prioritize the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target to achieve the most impactful outcomes
• Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e. g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.)
• Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case
• Engage with prospects, partners, and key customers
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required
• Collaborate with internal teams to understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding the AWS EC2 Impact Computing business.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market