Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with products and services ranked over Apple and Google. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing.
Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Systems Developer with expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve budgeting, planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models and reporting, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within Cognos TM1.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
- Design, test and implement reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions.
- Design, test and implement user interfaces to the TM1 platform.
- Document TM1 and planning-related processes, model design and data flow.
- Develop and maintain technical roadmap and prioritization.
- Partner with peer Finance teams utilizing TM1 to ensure consistent and seamless design.
- Create technical business requirements and project plans.
- Maintain OLAP multi-dimensional cubes and support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance and ETL development.
- Support the development of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and templates.
- Perform analysis and partner with other finance staff to ensure the financial results are accurate and complete.
- Provide risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and drive solutions. An ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing finance processes for speed, agility and insight.
- Mentor and provide training for team members on TM1 skills.
- Author knowledge-sharing documents.
- Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.