Amazon’s Payment Acceptance & Experience team develops global services to create and improve the customer paying experience. Measuring customer behavior, developing insights and monitoring our success requires large amounts of data.
We are seeking a Sr Data Scientist to join our data science and engineering team. This is an opportunity to join a group with a broad charter and stakeholders across Amazon to directly influence the customer experience for Amazon products worldwide.
In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and develop data models to support broader business initiatives. You should have a solid understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can build statistical models using multidimensional datasets and can partner with business owners to answer key questions. You are analytical, innovative, creative, disruptive, and you don’t give up. In this role you will have an opportunity to launch new features in our machine learning engine, add new products to our inventory, influence targeting strategy for our products, implement end to end reporting solutions and support product managers in their day to day testing and business needs.
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Interface with product managers, data engineers and software developers, gather requirements and deliver complete analytics/reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve our machine learning engine
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve campaign targeting and measurement.
- Support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large data sets
- Set the analytics roadmap for Amazon Payment Acceptance & Experience