The AV (Amazon Video) Search & Browse (S&B) team is looking for high energy and experienced engineers to help us build the future of digital video streaming services. AV S&B is a newly formed team that was created to build video-focused search and browse infrastructures from ground up. Our vision is to make Amazon Video applications the first choice of anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie or TV Show. We will do that by developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilize rich metadata sets, and consistently display relevant results to customers. Our browse infrastructure powers the taxonomy customers use to browse the AV catalog – it manages tens of thousands of different browse combinations, and is capable of exploring and traversing relationships between video entities such as actors, directors, character, and TV channels.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies, information retrieval problems, and digital entertainment. If you were to join today, you’d get an opportunity to:
- Join a fast-growing team in a startup mode, and a group of highly passionate engineers.
- Be a part of a large-scale V1 initiative. Participate in the design and the implementation, and help the team deliver the first version from ground up.
- Have an impact on the product direction and the customer experience.
- Innovate and develop new ways to search videos.
- Gain experience in developing scalable, tier-1, AWS-based platforms.
- Help build query understanding capabilities utilizing platforms such as Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
- Continuously improve the AV search and browse experiences, by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact.
- Build new ways to browse video content. A video knowledge graph for instance.
Amazon Video (AV) is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. AV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We’re building the future of TV—yes, it’s challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun.