We are a team working on making Alexa smarter every day in helping customers organize their daily lives. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a Sr. Voice UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Alexa. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a leading-edge customer-focused solution. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
· Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
· Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
· Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Communicate clearly and think quickly