Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations including:
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in web services and cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly\
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience with Map-Reduce/Distributed Systems/SOA is a plus.
- Experience with Java Script is a plus.
- Experience with VBA is a plus.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between