AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) is an industry leading web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. We are looking for a seasoned and talented Senior Software Development Manager to join the team in Seattle.
For more information about RDS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds. Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon. About Us
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is an industry leading web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. We are looking for a for a seasoned and talented software engineering director to join the team in Seattle.
More information on Amazon RDS is available at http://aws.amazon.com/rds. About You
You have a passion for software development and are ready to help guide a new team through building a distributed platform that will be the underpinning for running large number of compute nodes across multiple data centers. You can explain why various design patterns are both awesome and constraining, you've seen production code fail (and fixed) in spectacular ways - and learned from it. You've come to the understanding that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
You've written and released lots of software, shipped products and contributed to platforms, tools and modules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved with building big, distributed systems used by thousands of people every day - and relish them. You love to learn new things and grow. What You'll Do
- As a multidisciplinary leader you’ll be required to not just lead the engineering functions but also lead the product/program management aspects as the complete owner of the product.
- Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
- Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
- Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Distil and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
- Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy