Our vision with the Kindle is to offer every book, ever written, in any language, all available within 60 seconds. The Kindle Publisher Tools team’s charter is to make it unbelievably simple for content creators to create the best Kindle user experience from their published content, unpublished content or just from their idea. This varies from simple fiction/non-fiction novels to complex textbooks with interactive content. In order to make this possible, this team creates, 1) easy to use self-service tools for authors to directly create books, 2) powerful design tools which help authors, publishers and eBook designers to create rich Kindle books, and 3) proofing and validation tools for content creators to quality check their content.
The Kindle Publisher Tools team is looking for a seasoned software development manager to build tools that enable fast, easy and low-cost production of great looking Kindle books. Our team makes this possible through highly usable cross platform applications on the desktop. You will need to envision, invent and design end-to-end products that continuously make it simpler to create books. Expect to be challenged!
As a Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing intuitive and user-friendly customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment working with multiple stakeholders and users directly. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers and content creators across the world. Come help us reinvent reading! Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle of a key product sub-system
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
· Work with stakeholders and develop the long-term strategy for your platform, and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan