Are you excited about building technical products, machine learning, and cloud computing? Are you interested building production software systems that turn big data into actionable information that make internal AWS teams more effective?
At Amazon Web Services data guides everything we do. We are looking for a hands-on engineer and a technical leader that’s interested in building software products that rely on applied machine learning to generate new insights and possibilities for the global AWS sales team. A successful candidate will have an established track record of delivering quality software solutions, deep technical ability, excellent project management skills, and the ability to drive results in a fast-paced environment. Most of all, a successful candidate needs to view him or herself as much more than just a Technical Program Manager. In this role, you will own solutions that enable some of AWS’s most important goals. To achieve these goals, you will have to wear many different hats, including product manager, system architect, data scientist, and software developer.
You will play a key role in building internal software products from the ground up. Therefore, you will need to be able to coordinate a team of data engineers, software developers, and data scientists to achieve a common goal. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to work with senior management to collect requirements and turn this information into detailed technical designs and an overall product strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Think Big. Using a thorough understanding of business objectives to build internal software solutions that produce new insights and opportunities for our business.
- Customer Obsession. Work backwards from ambiguous goals and build technical products that create concrete, incremental value.
- Earn Trust of Others. Engage with many internal AWS teams, evangelizing the team and your products, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Deliver Results. Build and maintain a comprehensive project schedule, make it visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive the project through to completion.
- Ownership. You’ll build software solutions that provide long-term value for the entire AWS company.