Are you into hard core networking? Low level Linux is your game? Interested in extreme data path optimization? Mixing all of those with cloud computing on a huge scale?
We are building the future of SDNs (Software Defined Networks) powering the core of AWS Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure.
We are one of the very few teams in Amazon that work with bare metal devices using C/C++ and utilizing the very latest HW technologies.
Our team owns the data path of our EC2 core confidential network devices.
EC2 Networking is crucial for Amazon’s long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon, and we are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. The EC2 Networking team is looking for talented software engineers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong background coding under Linux and a passion for network programming and distributed systems, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
So, what's in it for you?
- Core networking Team - Our devices underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact that will affect every AWS customer and drive the road map for the Amazon cloud.
- Work with the Best - Our technical leadership consists of renowned domain experts. This is your chance to work with leading professionals and grow your career.
- Build from the Ground up - You will have the opportunity to build new networking devices from the ground up for our next generation network.
- Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their networks, the problem they face and meet their needs.
- Scale New Heights - Our devices power the core of EC2 infrastructure. We scale to network speeds that are on the edge of what is available world wide.
- Fun, non-formal environment - Although we take our work seriously, we don't forget to use our Nerf guns and take advantage of free beers whenever we can :)