Do you enjoy the challenge of building highly-scalable services and creating innovative features that delight Amazon customers? Are you looking for the chance to drive technical innovation? Are you passionate about helping teams work more efficiently and productively?
The Promotions Platform team works with technical and business stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-site, innovative, and agile environment. We are the team that is responsible for delivering broad-reaching promotion capabilities to Amazon’s retail businesses, dot com partners, website sellers, and vendors.
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to drive requirements, design key features, and manage the ongoing implementation and delivery of software solutions. As Technical Program Manager, you will be in a unique position to make a substantial impact on shaping promotion features. This is a challenging and highly-visible role where you will be working with a team of talented engineers who enjoy solving complex and interesting problems. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with a good grasp of software engineering principles, keen problem-solving skills, an aptitude for learning new technologies, and a strong empathy for customers.
Responsibilities include working closely with software engineers and Amazon’s retail business community to collect requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, and coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, implement and deploy features. Strong collaboration and top-notch writing skills are key to achieving success in this dynamic environment. You will also be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments regarding quality, and proactively removing roadblocks to program delivery. Key Responsibilities:
- Elaborate project plans, negotiate and deliver on commitments.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Coordinate resource planning and contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of a best-of-class engineering team and technical infrastructure.
- Coordinate efforts of the engineering team to design and build robust, large-scale distributed systems that operate continuously and reliably.
- Report to management on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance.