Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. As a part of AWS, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure.
AWS Batch was recently introduced to make it easier for users to execute batch computing jobs on AWS. AWS Batch enables users to run hundreds of thousands of jobs on AWS by dynamically provisioning the optimal amount of compute resources required for the batch jobs submitted. AWS Batch also provides integration with EC2 Spot Instances and EC2 and help users plan, schedule and execute batch computing workloads without the need for installing and managing batch computing software or clusters.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help define and execute the strategy to grow the AWS Batch business by working with customers and finding use cases that take full advantage of the capabilities offered by AWS Batch.
You will use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers – from the world’s hottest startups to the largest enterprises – to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will also aggregate feedback from the end user community and help refine the features by collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams.
Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams and solution architects, you will help customers leverage AWS Batch. Your background in use cases that leverage scalable compute as well as cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to move their batch computing workflows to the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Compute Services Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define and prioritize the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Experience with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability.